Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Black Friday !

Yes, it occured to me that I completely skipped week 29 of pregnancy pics! Last week was one crazy week and I still am recovering from it. But tomorrow (week 30) I plan to post 2 pics one for week 29 and one for week 30.

But anyway, thanksgiving was great! Ate a ton, and then I had my first real black friday experience. I really didn't want to go by myself this year so I managed to talk my sister, Anetta into coming with me which made it alot better. We started our black friday rising at 3:00am- eating breakfast and venturing to Walmart. When we arrived there we realized that the line was going to be a 3 hour wait- so we decided to move on. Luckily Justin was going to work and managed to stop by the Walmart by his work and picked up 2 GPS. One for my mother and father in law and one for me (an early birthday gift). :)

My sister and I then ventured to Home Depot. This was the critical stop of the day because it was my main motivation to be out on black friday. Justin has been drooling over an 18 volt Makita drill set that normally costs in the high $300.00s, BUT luckily- Home Depot had them on Black Friday sale for a whopping $199.00- yes, still a large purchase. But I had saved enough each week that I had to get out and get it. We got there about 20 min. before the doors opened and I pushed my way through the burly men to get the drill. It was exciting!.

So after that stop- there was another hardware store that I had to stop by. We had drawn names this year and I we got Justin's brother. So I was on a mission to find a great gift (worth much more that our actual purchase price) and I found it! Another set worth well over $150.00- I paid much much less for.

We then went to Gabriel Brothers, Macy's, K-Mart, Target, Hallmark and finally finished off the trip at the Mall. Unfortunatly by the time we made it to the mall we were zombies. Although there were still tons of sales to check out we decided to check out and go home after a looong day.

All in all- it was great! We got alot done. It always feels great to get really good deals and save lots of money- espcially when you pay in cash! No charging for me this year!

1 comments:

Amy,  Tue Dec 01, 06:39:00 PM  

Was wondering where your pic was! I know it was a crazy time though! I'll call you later!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP