Thursday, July 21, 2011

June and July!

Well- I, once again, I have forsaken you my dear blog... for that- I am sorry. So here's my life update on whats been going on in the Mac's house.

June is literally a blur. It has flown by as quickly as it came. I came back from vacation and it seems like everything immediately went back into full swing.

1.We spent the 4th of July at home. This was the first year that I did not go to my parents' house for a visit. I woke up on the 3rd of July sick as a dog. We had our niec , Shelby, visiting for the week so I tried to save face, but it was useless. I called off the visit to my parents' house. On the 4th of July, despite the virus that I had picked up, we wanted to make sure that Shelby had fun, so we attemped to go to Coney Island. It was HOT. But we still managed to have so much fun there with her. And the Fireworks were amazing! However I was dumb and totally forgot my camera so the Coney Island trip was not picture documented at all... which makes me sad.

2. My little man, Ave, is as rotten as ever. He has brought so much joy to our lives. With each stage he grows into, there are whole new adventures that he brings with him. He is almost 18 months old. 18 MONTHS! Is that even possible? He acts so much more like a little independent boy that I really have to stop and enjoy the little moments when he's mine. Like last night, He was so tired but couldn't sleep. So he actually laid in my arms while I rocked him to sleep. The whole time, I'm trying to mentally capture the moment. Hold him...Stare at him as he sleeps.. I am so thankful for God's gift in Avery. Some new milestones lately:
1. he's talking.. .sometimes in his own language. But nonetheless, he's talking. His favorite phrase right now is "Oh No!"
2. He's a fully active little boy- running, jumping, climbing
3. He loves cucumbers, pickles, and onions.
4. He loves toy cars and any kind of sports ball.
5. He has mastered time out, due to his wonderful ability to hit.
But all in all- he's a blessing!

3. The third event that is consuming my life right now is the fact that our central air went out. Just so know, today is suppose to be the hottest day of the year with a heat index of 115.... and we are sitting in a house with a small window air conditioner at about 85 degrees. I am trying not to complain because I know that this is an everyday reality for some. But it is very hard to deal with when you have an 18 month old. BUT yeah. Not to mention the fact that it will cost us an arm and a leg after it's all said and done.

4. And finally- I am starting a new adventure.... I always told myself that I would not start a direct sales thing again.. I tried Mary Kay, and Beauticontrol- but I am about to eat my own words... Starting tomorrow, I will be the newest 31 gifts consultant. I am hopeing that this time will be differnet but who knows! I was really praying for something to do that would actually get me involved with people outside of the church bubble. Don't get me wrong, I love the people who I go to church with and the friends that I have. But I would like to get to know more people! And being that I am so not the type to walk up to strangers and fire up a conversation, I decided what the heck! I absolutly love the products that 31 has, I love that they are not very well known in the area, and I am excited to meet new ladies and have a hobby outside of church! For thoes that are not aware of what 31 is, it's a direct sales company that was started in 2004. 31 was named after Proverbs 31, which talks about the characteristics of a strong, virtuous woman. 31 sells boutique-like bags, purses, organizers, baskets- at a more affordable than boutique prices.

So stay tuned for more updates about 31!

Anyway- thats life for me! What about you???

1 comments:

JanaRae18 Wed Sep 21, 09:35:00 AM  

lol any new updates Amber????

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP